"What Am I?" riddles provide a unique mode of asking ane to think outside the box. The answers usually are not easily discerned and crave some challenging thinking. In this commodity, we accept "What Am I?" riddles for kids and adults. We also have a listing of hard "What Am I?" riddles to really test your riddle solving power. The article ends with a collection of fun "Who Am I?" riddles for a change of pace. Afterwards you see how many you lot tin can respond, test your family, friends, and co-workers for fun and laughter.

Table of Contents

  • 1 "What Am I?" Riddles for Kids
  • two "What Am I?" Riddles for Adults
  • three Hard "What Am I?" Riddles
  • four "Who Am I?" Riddles
    • four.one Related Posts

"What Am I?" Riddles for Kids

"What Am I?" riddles for kids need to be easy enough a kid can probably make a reasonable estimate, but however provide a challenge. Too, kids similar to laugh, and then our selection of "What Am I" riddles is designed to elicit laughter too.

  • I accept lakes but no water, mountains but no stone and cities but no buildings. What am I?

    A map

  • I am always hungry and will dice if non fed, but any I touch on will before long plough red. What am I?

    Burn

  • I am piece of cake to lift only difficult to throw. What am I?

    A plumage

  • I get answered fifty-fifty though I never ask a question. What am I?

    A door knock or doorbell

  • I'm lite as a feather, yet the strongest human can't hold me for five minutes. What am I?

    Your jiff

  • I do not have wings, simply I tin fly. I don't accept eyes, but I volition cry! What am I?

    A cloud

  • I am bought past the yard just worn by the foot. What am I?

    A carpet

  • I accept no life, but I can die. What am I?

    A battery

  • I go around all the places, cities, towns, and villages, merely never come inside. What am I?

    A street

  • I will always come and never arrive today. What am I?

    Tomorrow

  • When the water comes down, when information technology rains, I go up. What am I?

    An umbrella

  • I turn once, what is out volition not go far. I turn over again, what is in will non become out. What am I?

    A cardinal

  • I speak without a mouth and hear without ears. I have no torso but come up live with current of air. What am I?

    An echo

  • I am wet when drying. What am I?

    A towel

  • I tin fill up a room, just I take upwards no space. What am I?

    Light

  • I run, yet I have no legs. What am I?

    Your nose

  • No thing what, I come to you round, floating upwardly, floating down. A unmarried pop, I'm on the ground. Then comes your unpleasant pout. What am I?

    A bubble

  • I am the only place in the world where today comes earlier yesterday. What am I?

    The lexicon

  • I have a long neck, am the name of a bird. I am on cargo of ships. I consume but am not alive. What am I?

    A crane

"What Am I?" Riddles for Adults

When ane hears the phrase "adult humor," one might think of sex, drugs, and stone and roll. Withal, our "What Am I?" Riddles for Adults is a collection of humor not designed to make you lot chroma, but to challenge your riddle solving abilities. See how well you can answer these and then share them with your friends at a party or other get-together.

  • I am always on the dinner table, merely you don't become to swallow me. What am I?

    A plate

  • I am frequently following yous and copying your every move, nevertheless you tin never touch me or catch me. What am I?

    Your shadow

  • With pointed fangs I sit and look; with piercing force I crunch out fate; grabbing victims, proclaiming might; physically joining with a single bite. What am I?

    A stapler

  • People accept stepped on me, but not many. I never stay full for long. I have a nighttime side. What am I?

    The moon

  • I am ever running, merely never get tired or hot. What am I?

    The refrigerator

  • I have a head much smaller than my long neck. People who play with me option at me and that's fine. What am I?

    A guitar

  • If you accept away one hand, some will remain. What am I?

    Handsome

  • You can play me with cards, simply don't burn me, residue glasses on me or walk beyond me. What am I?

    A bridge

  • Halo of water, tongue of woods, walls of rock, long have I stood. What am I?

    A castle

  • People brand me, save me, change me, heighten me. What am I?

    Coin

  • The shorter I am, the bigger I am. What am I?

    A temper

  • I make a loud sound when I'k changing. When I practice modify, I go bigger, only I weigh less. What am I?

    Popcorn

  • It tin can be said: to exist golden is to be skillful; to be stone is to be nothing; to be glass is to be frail; to be cold is to exist cruel. What am I?

    Your heart

  • I accept keys, but no locks. I have infinite, just no room. You can enter, but tin't go inside. What am I?

    A keyboard

  • I am the only vegetable that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in whatever other grade but fresh. What am I?

    Lettuce

  • My first is in chocolate, but not in ham. My 2d is in cake and also in jam. My third at tea-time is easily found. My whole is a friend who'south oftentimes around. What am I?

    A cat

  • I add lots of season and accept many layers, but if you lot get too close, I'll make y'all weep. What am I?

    An onion

  • I don't have eyes, ears, nose, and tongue, but I tin come across, smell, hear, and taste everything. What am I?

    A brain

Difficult "What Am I?" Riddles

Hard

Difficult riddles provide a challenge because they either take longer clues which take a few moments to read and recall most, or they have an unexpected answer. Our listing should really cause fifty-fifty the best riddle solver a few that seem unsolvable.

  • I am a word of 5 letters and people eat me. If you lot remove the starting time letter, I become a form of energy. Remove the commencement two and I'm needed to live. Scramble the last iii and you can drink me. What am I?

    Wheat, oestrus, consume, tea

  • My name seems harsh, merely I am withal and silent. Y'all are supposed to eat me, simply some display me. My name is not easy to practice to me because I am hard on the outside. What am I?

    A squash

  • It'southward proficient to stretch me and push my limits. The more you utilize me, the stronger I go. When I am sharp, I'm at my best. What am I?

    Your encephalon

  • I run, but I don't walk. I baste and drib, but I can't pick myself up. You have to eat me and sometimes I surroundings you. What am I?

    H2o

  • I audio like I could cutting you, but I'm actually quite comfortable. I can exist green or yellow. I tin can be stiff or soft. I am a friend to bugs and as well bare feet. What am I?

    A blade of grass

  • I have a stem, just I am non a flower. I accept a foot, only I cannot hop. Children are too immature to hold me. What am I?

    A wine glass

  • I can be open up or closed, or big or small. I can reveal the truth or hide it. I am almost always welcome and can bound up unannounced. Everyone has one, but not everyone shares. Laughter comes afterward me. What am I?

    A smiling

  • I am round equally a sphere, but then you make me something else. I am 1 hundred yards long, or even longer. What am I?

    A ball of yarn

  • You can touch me, but I can't touch yous dorsum. Y'all can see me, but I only reflect you and tin can never reject you. What am I?

    A mirror

  • I can travel at nearly 100 miles per hr, merely never exit the room. You can encompass me up, but that doesn't tiresome me down. You lot volition non know if I come only once or again and again and again. What am I?

    A sneeze

  • Many times, you need me. The more and more you take me further, the more and more you lot leave me backside. What am I?

    Footsteps

  • The one who makes me does not need me, when he makes me. The one who buys me does non use me for himself or herself. The one who uses me doesn't know that he or she is using me. What am I?

    A coffin

  • I don't take money, though I do have banks. I feed others, though I don't swallow. Cross me if you tin, I won't be mad. What am I?

    The mouth of a river

  • Take away my first letter, and I still audio the aforementioned. Have abroad my last letter, I still sound the same. Even accept away my letter in the heart, I will even so audio the same. I am a five-alphabetic character word. What am I?

    Empty

  • I have no bones and no legs, but if you keep me warm, I volition shortly walk away. What am I?

    An egg

"Who Am I?" Riddles

Now try a modify of step with another type of questioning riddle. Our "Who Am I?" riddles, as the name implies, usually, but not e'er, involve guessing a person.

  • Half of me volition mend, the other one-half volition imprison. When I am together, I will poisonous substance. Who am I?

    Hemlock

  • Our dinner guests weep that we are evil, when they notice their place in the meal. Just it'due south no big deal. We are just one big happy tribe that gets real fed upwards with people! Who are nosotros?

    Cannibals

  • A human being who lives in New York legally married three women. He did non get a divorce, an annulment, or legally dissever. Who is he?

    He is a minister.

  • My start four letters describe all living things. My last five letters are another word for knight. My job is to save you, and I'm a fan of water. Who am I?

    A lifeguard

  • I arts and crafts crowns of gold and bridges of silver. Who am I?

    A dentist

  • I carry a lot of secrets, happy or sorry. I drive or walk to my destination pelting or shine to make sure I give you what is truly yours. Everything that I bring with me is destined for only for i place which is decided in advance. Who am I?

    A mailman

  • I tin aid a small, I tin help a senior. I can accept intendance of you lot, and no matter what your mood is, I e'er give you a happy face. I probably won't give y'all any advice, merely I am always grateful when you give me tips. Who am I?

    A waiter/waitress

  • I wash, cutting, and shave a dozen times a day nevertheless I still have lots of hair. Who am I?

    A hairdresser

  • Sometimes yous are relieved to meet me, and other times y'all run from me in fear. Sometimes I finish y'all and sometimes I let yous get, but whenever you lot need me, I am e'er a quick call away. Who am I?

    A police officer

  • I am small, accept wings, and behave a weapon. I target people and once I do, they're unremarkably glad I did. February is the month in which I appear the most. Who am I?

    Cupid

  • I take wings and a wand. When you lose something and leave information technology nether your pillow, I go out yous a prize. Who am I?

    The Molar Fairy

  • I grew up outside guild. I am wild, my voice echoes throughout the jungle, and nature is my playground. Who am I?

    Tarzan

  • My get-go is a very uncomfortable state,
    In cold weather it mostly abounds.
    My 2d's an musical instrument formed of difficult steel,
    That will cause the stout foe to stagger and reel,
    And when used, is a symptom of hate.
    My whole is an writer of greatest renown,
    Whose fame to the concluding day of fourth dimension will go down.
    Who am I?

    Shakespeare

We hope you lot have enjoyed our called "What Am I?" and "Who Am I?" riddles. We think we take institute some of the all-time ones out there. Plus, i unique feature of this type of riddle is that they are easy to remember, then you tin can share them with family unit and friends. Accept fun and riddle on!